I hope everyone is well.
We are nearing the end of the year and that means Christmas is coming quickly and we are starting to get questions about visiting and residents going out.
At this stage the visitations remain the same for coming to Adelene.
You must book in with front reception during the week, and maximum of two people at once. Visits will take place in the resident’s room, with social distancing measures in place.
If you want to take you loved one out, you can do this.
Advice to follow:
- Residents can leave the facility to attend small family gatherings and group excursion.
- Outings should be planned to take place outdoors as much as possible. If planning a visit to an indoor location, choose venues that are well-ventilated and not crowded.
- Avoid planning outings to areas with increased testing.
- Residents should wear face masks when physical distancing cannot be maintained, including on shared transport, where possible.
- For all excursions, facilities should maintain a record of the visit location, number of people in the gathering and the date of the visit.
Still hotspot areas: Camden LGA, Liverpool, LGA and Wingecarribee LGA.
As for the Christmas period, we do not have any info at this stage what restrictions will apply, but as soon as we have an update from Department of Health, we will communicate it out to families.
It will be a very different Christmas for each one of us, but we are planning lots of festive fun for the residents over this period.
Thank you to everyone for being patient and understanding over this COVID time.
The Adelene team work very hard in trying to keep COVID out and your loved ones happy.
Feel free to send me an email if you have any questions -email@example.com