NSW Health has released new visitation restrictions effective midnight tonight until midnight December 30th 2020.
We understand that some of these restrictions will be disappointing however please remember that the goal is to do everything possible to limit COVID-19 from entering the facility.
Until Midnight December 30th 2020:
Residents should not leave the facility to attend family gatherings or group excursions. The only reason to leave the facility is for an essential medical visit.
NSW Health strongly advises that if visits to the facility can be delayed then please delay your visit. There have been recent warnings issued regarding suburbs on the Central Coast which have been placed on high alert and this creates an increased risk to our facility.
If a resident makes a decision to leave the facility to attend a family gathering or excursion, it is appropriate from a risk perspective for the facility to advise a resident that they may be required to go into 14-day self-isolation upon return.
A maximum of 2 visitors per resident per day, visits must take place in the resident’s room.
If you must visit you must wear a surgical mask and complete the questionnaire.
You will be excluded if you: –
· Have been in any of the locations: Northern Beaches LGA, Penrith LGA and any of the other locations and venues listed by NSW Health.
· On the self-isolate and get tested immediately list, at the times and dates listed. Please click on the link. These are changing on an hourly basis so please keep yourself well informed.
· On the monitor for symptoms list, at the times and dates listed except where noted otherwise on the web page.
· Have a fever (37. 5°C or higher) or symptoms of COVID-19 (acute blocked nose congestion has been added to the list of symptoms)
· Are a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19 and are within their self-isolation period.
· Live in a household with a person who is identified as a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19.
We understand your frustration with some of these restrictions, please understand our role is to enforce the guidelines set by NSW Health in limiting the spread of COVID-19. Please do not take your frustrations out on our staff.
2020 has been an extremely challenging year for all of us let’s hope that if we all do the right thing, we can look forward to a brighter 2021.
We will be communicating over the Christmas period via our Facebook page. Please get on Facebook and like our page. It is called Adelene Village.
Justin Dover – CEO
Anna Ross – Facility Manager